“Cashvertising” by Drew Eric Whitman
This book will teach you all you need to know about writing better copy and creating exciting and engaging headlines.
It will not only make you a better writer but will also generate more sales by implementing the secrets given in this book.
To buy the book on Amazon, click here.
Table of Contents
Summary of Cashvertising:
Cashvertising is all about generating more sales online by using psychological triggers to persuade your customers to buy.
In this book Drew helps you to understand your customer so that you can better solve their problems. Drew uses psychological methods to teach you how to understand what your customers feel about the product you are trying to sell to them.
All the information in this book is based on scientific research and condensed down to quick tips that are easy to understand and apply with more than 100 secrets available.
Even though the majority of the examples in this book are from newspaper advertisements the principles can still be applied.
Who is Drew Eric Whitman:
Drew has worked for the largest ad agency in Philadelphia and was the senior copywriter for direct to customer insurance. His teachings have been used by small retail shops to multi-million dollar companies.
After many years of face to face selling from clothes to real estate, he is now a speaker and philosophical advertising trainer, and writer.
Drew also has written many bestseller books including Cashvertising and Brian script for sales success.
Chapter 1: The 8 Life Forces
Drew explains that to grow your advertising techniques, you need to understand the following 8 life forces are:
- Survival, enjoyment of life, life extension
- Enjoyment of food and beverages
- Freedom from fear, pain, danger
- Sexual companionship
- Comfortable living conditions
- To be superior, winning, keeping up with the Joneses
- Care and protection of loved ones
- Social approval
From the list, we can see 8 human desires that can be used by bloggers. Drew explains that if you mention a minimum of 1 desire in your posts regularly, it will increase your sales.
Chapter 2: The 17 Foundational Principles of Consumer Psychology
Drew gives a lot of information about why people buy stuff and by adding the 17 foundational principles of customer psychology you will be able to improve your copywriting skills overnight.
Drew believes out of the 17 principles, you should pay extra attention to the following 4 below:
- The Fear Factor – You can use fear when writing your copy. However, your product must be the solution to the fear you are selling otherwise you will never sell that product. 3.
- The Bandwagon Effect – People need to feel like they belong to something greater than themselves so if your product makes your customers a part of a like-minded community or group of people they look up to then this will give your product a high chance of being sold.
- Examples vs Statistics – Always use examples over statistics. Examples make the information processes easier compared to numbers.
- Shortcuts to Persuasion – When writing your copy Drew advises you to use the following 6 principles to persuade others to buy: Reciprocity, Authority, Comparison, Liking, Consistency, and Scarcity.
Chapter 3: 41 Proven Techniques For Selling Anything to Anyone
Drew explains the best techniques to sell including using the medium of printed ads.
Chapter 4: 101 Easy Ways To Boost Your Ad Response
Everything in the book has been summarized in the last few pages. This is a great way to remember what you have learned while reading it. This is also a great resource to have while you are writing your copy as it will surely improve your writing.
- This book will help you, no matter what you are doing online whether it be social media, paid ads, or blogging.
- The book only has a minimal amount of pages, which makes it an excellent book for a quick read and the techniques are short and brief to make understanding easy.
- The best part about the book is that it is purely based on scientific researched information and studies.
- One thing to keep in mind, the 3rd Chapter of the book is outdated in the resource media of newspaper advertising however the techniques can still be tailored to online advertising.
Overall I think Cashvertising is a very good book. No matter what you are doing online whether it be paid ads, social media, or blogging this book can improve your copywriting skills and get you more sales online.
I recommend this book to anyone who wants to improve their copy and make more sales online and not to mention the book has been recommended by different internet marketing mentors such as John Crestani.
Don’t miss out on improving your copy writing skills, purchase the book here.
For more related Summaries read:
- The 10x Rule by Grant Cardone
- How to win friends and influence people by Dale Carnegie
- The 4 hour Work Week by Timothy Ferriss
- Dotcom Secrets by Russell Brunson
- Expert Secrets by Russell Brunson
- Traffic Secrets by Russell Brunson